Bay Roll: Updates from Pagans in the Bay 4/10/13
Bay Roll is a column here on Pagan Newswire Collective Bay Area that includes information, blog or website updates, book releases or general updates from Pagan authors, presenters, artists or performers here in the Bay Area. If there are announcements or information that you would like posted in the Bay Roll, please email them to Crystal@CrystalBlanton.com to be included.
This week is packed with great Pagan goodness!
For the week of April 10, 2013 there are many updates and information floating on the web from local Pagans. Here are some of the new ones for this week.
- T Thorn Coyle, local author and activist, posted her latest on her Huffington Post column. A thoughtful and poetic writing, triggered by the death of Margaret Thatcher, about the light and shadow in one another. Incredible read: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t-thorn-coyle/margaret-thatcher-the-cosmos-and-me_b_3041039.html
- Bay Area’s Jason Mankey wrote a two part piece about his top 10 Awesome Pop Pagan Moments in the last “100 or so years”. This great list includes The Craft movie, Charmed and Cybill Shepard. Part one: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/2013/04/10-awesome-pop-pagan-moments-part-one/
- Angus Mcmahan, local Pagan and community leader, posted his answers to several questions around magic, and the good looks of Pagans compared to others. Nice laughs and some insightfulness as well.
- The Heathen Chinese blog posted an incredibly detailed, two part piece on local Chinese Gods in the Santa Cruz area. This Santa Cruz area writer focuses on Chinese Polytheism and history of the worship of these deities. Part one: http://heathenchinese.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/local-gods-part-1/
- ConjureCon is coming to the Bay on April 27th to the 29th. More information can be found at the official website: http://www.conjurecon.com/
- Hexenfest is fast approaching on April 27th. According to the Facebook page, “The 2nd annual festival of myth, music, & dance is coming this April to a new location in Alameda.
Hexenfest offers an evening of entertainment, revelry, and a dark sensual aesthetic. This all-ages event features DJ Daniel Skellington from Dark Shadows, live music by Pandemonaeon and Arcane Dimension, a dark fashion show by Tombo Studio, and bellydance performances by Morpheus and Anaar. Doors at 8pm pens with Dj and dancing, live show at 8:45pm. cover is $20 in advance, $25 at the door.” https://www.facebook.com/events/607795295903027/?fref=ts
- Fawn Russell, local writer, published her newest piece called “G” is for Goetia, where she explores some aspects of invocation from the Lesser Key of Solomon, and magical practice. http://www.psychopompgroupie.com/goetia/
- And Patheos is doing a “Why I Am A…..” campaign this month. Several Bay Area writers participated in this challenge. Below are some listings to the challenge.
The Bay Roll is meant to continue bridging links and information from the Bay Area to the Bay Area readers. Please support this column by providing your information for inclusion in these weekly logs of the incredible work within this community. Without information, it will not be included on this list and we really want to highlight your work. Crystal@crystalblanton.com. We want to know what YOU are doing!
Crystal Blanton reporting, Pagan Newswire Collective