Bay Roll: Updates from Pagans in the Bay 3/20/13
Bay Roll is a column here on Pagan Newswire Collective Bay Area that includes information, blog or website updates, book releases or general updates from Pagan authors, presenters, artists or performers here in the Bay Area. If there are announcements or information that you would like posted in the Bay Roll, please email them to Crystal@CrystalBlanton.com to be included.
- Bay Area’s Jason Mankey wrote a new piece this week on his Raise the Horns blog on the Patheos channel. His newest piece, Jesus and Pagans; a Tired and Divisive Debate, he addresses Sam Webster’s recent blog posts stating that someone could not be a Pagan and worship Jesus. Jason makes a point by point case for why Paganism should allow for personal worship and choices of practice. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/2013/03/jesus-and-pagans-a-tired-and-divisive-debate/ (Sam Webster’s blog can be found at http://www.patheos.com//Pagan/Why-You-Cant-Worship-Sam-Webster-03- 20-2013.html)
- Angus Mcmahan, local Pagan and community leader, has a new blog on the Patheos Pagan channel. The name of his new blog is called Ask Angus and is an advice column of sorts. His newest piece is called “Pagan Girls” with Knives, White Fairies on Dope. His pieces are funny and entertaining. Check out this blog and his newest post at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/askangus/2013/03/askangus6-pagan-girls-with-knives-white-fairies-on-dope/
- WYTCHFAWN, blogger at Nights of a Psychopomp Groupie, wrote a piece for the Pagan Blog Project called pagan blog project: “f” is for francis, where she addresses thoughts on the Catholic church’s historical election. http://www.psychopompgroupie.com/f_is_for_francis/
- Jenya Beachy, Bay Area teacher and blogger, announced a new Shapeshifter Feri correspondence course she will be teaching. Sliding scale costs are between $50 – $100. Check out her facebook listing for more details. https://www.facebook.com/events/418112851617141/
- Sarah Whedon, local author, wrote about what to expect next from the Pagan Families blog on Patheos. She states, “we’ll still emphasize pregnancy and early parenting, but we’ll make space to consider partnering, pregnancy, parenting, and more”. This pagan family resource promises to have more types of posts to reflect Pagan family needs. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/paganfamilies/2013/03/pagan-families-takes-the-next-step/
- Daughters of Eve, Patheos blog, celebrated its two year anniversary this past week! Both current regular writers on the site, Crystal Blanton (me) and Nadirah Adeye, are Bay Area writers. Two new posts this past week include a call for writers on the upcoming of the Immanion Press anthology, Shades of Ritual. This is a part two of the previous Shades of Faith book that came out in 2011. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daughtersofeve/2013/03/call-for-writers-shades-of-ritual-minority-voices-in-practice/
- The second blog this week is a response to the recent conversations about the use of the work BNP within the Pagan community. The blog piece, Sensationalizing Pagan Leaders: The Damaging Social Structure Behind BNP Status, can be found at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daughtersofeve/2013/03/sensationalizing-pagan-leaders-the-damaging-social-structure-behind-bnp-status/
The Bay Roll is meant to continue bridging links and information from the Bay Area to the Bay Area readers. Please support this column by providing your information for inclusion in these weekly logs of the incredible work within this community. Without information, it will not be included on this list and we really want to highlight your work. Crystal@crystalblanton.com. We want to know what YOU are doing!
Crystal Blanton reporting, Pagan Newswire Collective Bay Area