Bay Roll: Updates from Pagans in the Bay 1/23/13
Bay Roll is a column here on Pagan Newswire Collective Bay Area that includes information, blog or website updates, book releases or general updates from Pagan authors, presenters, artists or performers here in the Bay Area. If there are announcements or information that you would like posted in the Bay Roll, please email them to Crystal@CrystalBlanton.com to be included.
For the week of January 23, 2013, there are many updates and information floating on the web from local Pagans. Social media has continued to bring much discussion this week and local Pagans are interacting. Here are some of the new ones for this week.
- M. Macha Nightmare raises a question of the understanding and purpose of lineage in her new post on WitchesandPagans.com. On the Witch at Large blog, her piece Lines & Lineages, Responsibility & Teaching asks some serious questions to others in the community. http://witchesandpagans.com/Witch-at-Large/lines-lineages-responsibility-teaching.html
- Anne Hill, local Priestess and author, wrote a blog piece about her grandmother and abortion in 1927. You can find this intriguing piece, Abortion, Small Town Iowa, 1927, on her Blog o’ Gnosis site. http://gnosiscafe.com/gcblog/2013/01/22/abortion-small-town-iowa-1927/
- The Bay Area Pagan Alliance announced theirDonation Drive for Care Packages for Pagan Soldiers. This will be held in the Pagan Alliance Suite at Pantheacon 2013. There is a list of most requested items from the soldiers on the facebook event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/236549443146818/<
- Jason Mankey shares the experience of his recent trip to Las Vegas in his blog Starlets, Whiskey, and Me: A Trip to the AEE in Las Vegas. Breaking the rule of “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”, Jason talks about his experience in going to the Adult Entertainment Expo. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/2013/01/starlets-whiskey-and-me-a-trip-to-the-aee-in-las-vegas
- On the Daughter’s of Eve blog, on Patheos, I (Crystal Blanton) posted a blog about race and how historical trauma applies within often polarized societies. The piece, A plague o’ both your houses: historical trauma, the collective shadow and the Pagan community, draws some correlations with race relations in society and within the Pagan community. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daughtersofeve/2013/01/a-plague-o-both-your-houses-historical-trauma-the-collective-shadow-and-the-pagan-community/#disqus_thread\
- Sarah Whedon, local author and blogger, did her weekly Wednesday Wisdom piece at Pagan Families on Mothers, Fathers and Grandmothers. This blog, on Patheos.com, gives some enlightening information on parenting and Paganism. This particular piece has some great quotes about the topic of moms, dads and grandmas. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/paganfamilies/2013/01/wednesday-wisdom-mothers-fathers-and-grandmothers/
The Bay Roll is meant to continue bridging links and information from the Bay Area to the Bay Area readers. Please support this column by providing your information for inclusion in these weekly logs of the incredible work within this community. Without information, it will not be included on this list and we really want to highlight your work. Crystal@crystalblanton.com. We want to know what YOU are doing!
Crystal Blanton reporting, Pagan Newswire Collective Bay Area